Jan van Rutte
Chairman Supervisory Board
Jan van Rutte (1950) was appointed as a member of the Supervisory Board of SNS REAAL N.V. and SNS Bank N.V. (predecessors in title of de Volksbank N.V.) on 1 November 2013. Jan was appointed as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of de Volksbank on 1 October 2015 and was reappointed on 19 April 2018. His term of office will expire on the first GMS to be held after 19 April 2022. Jan is a member of the People and Organisation Committee (POC).
Other board positions held by Jan are:
• Member of the Supervisory Board of PGGM N.V.
• Member of the Supervisory Board of BNG Bank N.V.
• Member of the Supervisory Council of Stichting Health Center Hoenderdaal
• Member of the Board of Stichting ABN AMRO Foundation
• Member of the Board of Stichting Administratiekantoor Aandelen KAS BANK
Until 2013, Jan served as CFO Group Holding at ABN AMRO. From 2001 to 2010, Jan served as a board member of Fortis Bank Nederland and as from 2006 as CEO. From 1981 Jan held various positions at MeesPierson (and its predecessors in title) including that of Company Director and Head of Finance. He began his career at the Algemene Bank Nederland.